The April Concert is Monday, April 29th and will be split into two (2) concerts featuring all of the Bands, Choirs, and Orchestras at West High! Admission, as always, is free but we do accept free will donations. The first concert starts at 6:00pm and the second concert will start at 7:30pm. A reception for senior students and their families will follow in the Commons. Here is a list of which groups are playing on which concert:
Bass Clef Choir
Treble Clef Choir
If you are not sure which ensemble your student is in please check out the Ensemble page of the website.
The information in this email is for the State Large Group Festival on May 4 at Cedar Falls High School (bands and choirs) and Holmes Junior High (orchestras). Band performances will be in the CFHS gym. Please read this email, because it has very important information.
Information for Adults
This event is sanctioned by the Iowa High School Music Association, so there is an admission cost of $7 for adults, $5 for seniors (62+), and $3 for students (K-12). Performers get in for free. Important times for students are listed below the student expectations. Students need to provide their own transportation to this event. If this is going to be a problem, please talk with a band director as soon as possible.
Expectations for Students
1. Attendance is mandatory. This is a very important performance for the band program. It is the culmination of the work the students have done the entire year. Work is not an excuse to miss this performance.
2. Students must provide their own transportation to and from this event. If that will be a problem, please talk to one of the band directors as soon as possible.
3. Students need to take their music and instrument home on Friday, May 3, after school. The building will not be open on May 4 for students to get instruments. The only instruments the directors will bring are tubas, bari saxes, and percussion.
4. When students arrive, they should go directly to the CF band rooms. To find the band rooms, go inside the main entrance and go to the left. You can also ask the adults at the ticket table.
5. Concert dress is the same as other band concerts.
6. There will be concessions available for purchase.
7. You will need to watch one other non-Waterloo West band perform and fill out an adjudication form, so bring a pencil with you. We will go through this assignment in class.
8. Remember that you are representing the Waterloo West Band. Be on your best behavior. This will be discussed in class.
If you are performing for choir for Symphony Orchestra, the times will not conflict. Here are important times for each band:
Call time: 11:45
Warm up: 12:15
Call time: 1:15
Warm up: 1:47
Call time: 2:45
Warm up: 3:29
Make sure you check out the West High Jazz Bands at the 4A NEIBA Jazz Festival Saturday, March 2nd! All three bands will perform right here in the West High Auditorium! Admission is $5 for adults and Free for Students and Children 5 & Under.
Jazz Band III- 8:30am
Jazz Band II- 10:45am
Jazz Band I- 1:45pm
*If you are not sure which band your student plays in please check the Ensembles page.
Check out the West High and Hoover band students performing with the Dallas Brass this Monday at 7:00pm in the auditorium! The Dallas Brass is one of the premier performing ensembles in the United States and are providing the Cedar Valley with this incredible opportunity! Tickets are general admission for $3 and children under 5 are free.
Due to winter weather to the east and south of Waterloo tonight's basketball game, pep band, and colorguard performance have been postponed.
Here you can find information about upcoming performances, ensembles, Band Boosters, and much more!upcoming performances, ensembles, Band Boosters, and much more!